“WordPress 2017 Theme Change Proudly Powered By” is most likely the search term you typed to try and get the answer to how to amend the footer text in the 2017 theme; or you have kindly clicked your way to this post by other means (and we love you for it!).
WordPress 4.7 launched with the 2017 theme, and unlike previous themes, for those who do not know how to read raw code, they will be a little confused where to find and what to amend to adjust the ‘Proudly Powered By’ wording in the footer section.
Okay let’s get straight to it! This is how:
- In WordPress go to the /wp-admin/theme-editor.php area [you do this by clicking the left menu APPEARANCE > EDITOR]
- Then look to the right for the footer.php and click on it
- Next scroll down to the part which says: get_template_part( ‘template-parts/footer/site’, ‘none’ ); [Tip: You can press Ctrl and F on your keyboard to find this text quickly]
- You should notice that the word ‘none’ has been added instead of the default
- Please also add ‘none’ exactly as shown in the above bolded example
- If you clicked UPDATE FILE at this point you will end up with nothing in the footer part of the website – it will be plain white
- If you want to add some copyright information or menu links etc then you will need to add all of that information (using html code if it is needed for links) as follows: get_template_part( ‘template-parts/footer/site’, ‘none’ );?>© All Rights Reserved
- Once you have added this click UPDATE FILE and you should see the wording you have typed appear in the footer. If not, drop in a comment below so we can help you
And that is how you amend the WordPress 2017 Theme Change Proudly Powered By text.
Hope this helped. Take care.